Misdiagnosis or Delayed Diagnosis of Cancer
Examples of Cancer Misdiagnosis include being diagnosed with cancer with you are cancer-free, being diagnosed with the wrong type of cancer, delay in cancer diagnosis, and failure to diagnose a type of cancer. A cancer misdiagnosis can be damaging to a patients health both physically and emotionally. A diagnosis of cancer when you do not have cancer can be emotionally traumatizing and also delay further investigation and treatment for the actual cause of your symptoms. Being diagnosed with the wrong type of cancer could result in unnecessary medical treatment and procedures that might ultimately be ineffective in treating the real source of your cancer. A delay in diagnosing cancer can rob a patient of the precious opportunity of early treatment, which can greatly increase the likelihood of remission or full recovery. And the failure to diagnose a type of cancer can put the patient's health in jeopardy if their cancer continues to progress untreated.
What Causes Cancer Misdiagnosis?
A cancer misdiagnosis could be medical malpractice if the patient suffered injury because the physician or health care provider was negligent, or failed to provide a standard level of care and concern for the misdiagnosed patient. Common causes of cancer misdiagnosis include:
- A benign tumor being identified as malignant
- A cancerous lesion is missed in a biopsy procedure
- A malignant mass if diagnosed as benign.
- A malignant tumor is misclassified as to type or incorrectly graded in aggressiveness
- Failure to adequately screen for patients with increased risk of cancer
- Failure to refer a patient to a specialist for further testing.
- Failure to understand or notice the nature of the patient's complaints
- Specimens are mishandled by pathology, or improperly read and interpreted
How a Fresno Cancer Misdiagnosis Lawyer Could Help
With over 35 years in collective legal experience, the team at the Pacific Attorney Group has been aggressively representing their client's medical malpractice claims for years. Medical malpractice claims can be complicated and require resources such as medical experts, but our knowledgeable and experienced Fresno medical malpractice attorneys work tirelessly to seek a top value settlement when our clients have suffered injury from a cancer misdiagnosis.
For a free and no-obligation case evaluation, please contact the Pacific Attorney Group to speak to a
Cancer Misdiagnosis Attorney in Fresno